Monday 17 June 2013

Dedication #3: The Gang.

My family. The people who, in some cases, share my surname, or in other cases, possess a different name completely, yet are just as close to me. The group my grandma affectionately calls "the gang." I love you all, from my parents, to my sister, to my grandparents, auntie and uncle, the abundance of cousins; you're all great. You're there to help me when I need it (or sometimes, when I really don't.) You're my friends for life, no matter what the outcome. I'd walk through hell for you all, and I know you'd do the same for me. The people I worry about, care about, and love unconditionally, even though we fight ruthlessly at times. I wouldn't and couldn't change you all. The family get-togethers, the random days out, the things you really can't laugh about with anyone else. The priceless moments. You can't make the stuff up, we've had so many good times, so many unforgettable memories. It's the age-old saying, that you can't pick your family, but even if you could, you lot would be my first and only choice. I may be moody and harsh and difficult at times, but it's only because I love you, and I know we're thick as thieves. You take my bad moods and my spat-out words, and I take the sometimes-unwelcome criticism, as we have a mutual understanding, that we're okay like that. The support I couldn't do without, the Sunday catch-ups I never want to miss, the feeling that I can walk through the front door, and there's someone there waiting to ask me how my day's been, and put the kettle on, if and when it's really needed. So, gang. This is to say, I love you all. I need you all, and I never ever want to lose you.

No comments:

Post a Comment