Monday 17 June 2013

Flaws.

Drunk me and sober me, are two very different peoples; poles apart, opposite ends of the spectrum. While I'm overly-confident with too many vodkas down my neck, when Sober Me puts in an appearance, all of that disappears. The truth is, I'm a bundle of nerves and flaws. In reality, I'm selfish and neurotic and paranoid and I don't really trust anyone. I spend so much time trusting the wrong people, that the so-called "right" people, never get a look in. I tend to push people away when I care about them, because I'm just waiting for someone to lie to me again. I credit the people who don't fill my head with empty promises, even if it isn't silence I truly want to hear. Flaws are clear up-close, so I keep too many people at arms-length, and I'm always letting the wrong people in. I'm putting it down to being young and gullible, but that excuse is going to wear thin soon, as I'm turning twenty in a few months. Until then, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment