Thursday 27 June 2013

I don't need you.

I don't need you to hold my hand, or wipe away my tears, or brush the hair out of my eyes. I don't need you to look at me like that. I don't need you to act all protective and cocky around me one minute, and then the next, walk away. I don't need your 3 am phone calls or drunken texts being all flirty and weird. I don't need your acknowledgement that I'm "pretty when I'm drunk" or that you like me when I'm sober. I don't need your attention, your approval or your help stumbling into a taxi. I don't need you to tell me I've drank too much tequila. I don't need your hugs, or stolen kisses, or your stupid denial and your arrogant lies. I don't need your resentment. I don't need your ignorance, or your attitude, or your fucking lack of respect. I don't need your stupidity, your awful decisions and your ability to sweep me off my feet when you give me that look. I don't need your guilt trips, your sympathy or your pity. And most importantly, I don't, nor have I ever, needed you. Don't forget it, sweetheart.


No comments:

Post a Comment